Biography: Ilir Tsouko was born in Albania (b.1990) and grew up in Athens, Greece. He is a documentary photographer and visual storyteller, based in Germany, Albania and Greece. He is working on long-term projects revolving around perception and creation of identity with its ever-changing shapes. Migration, social issues and political events that can be reflected directly into the society, are subjects that he mostly follows.
Ilir studied Photojournalism & Documentary Photography at Hochschule Hannover - University of Applied Sciences and Arts. During this period he has been working for the Magnum Photographers Enri Canaj and Chien-Chi Chang. Before that, he finished his MSc in Health Sciences at CNAM University-Paris/Athens.
He speaks and writes fluent German, Greek, English and Albanian languages. Ilir’s work has been published by notable publications such as The Guardian, Fluter, Vice, der Freitag, TAZ, WOZ, Republik, ROM, Agenda Magasin, Are We Europe Magazine, Datum, Lifo, DLF, and other mostly European Magazines and Newspapers. Ilir is collaborating withdifferent NGO's and Foundations like MSF, Mission Lifeline, Border Violence Monitoring, Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, ERSTE Foundation and Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung.
- '' Balkans Today. Thewounded landscape” - Collective Exhibition - Athens
- Loosen Art - International group exhibition ‘’Isolation’’- Rome
- Beloposkiy Gallery - ‘’On the road’’ - Berlin
- Plymouth University Portland Square - ‘’Refugee Week 2016’’ - Plymouth
- New East photo prize 2020 - Finalist
- ELF - COPD Art Competition - European Lung Foundation - Finalist
- Research grant for the photography project ''A Diary in Shadows'' of the Michael Horbach Foundation - Winner